We are happy to announce that Wing Helper 1.6.0 is now officially released and is available for download! Many thanks to all who participated in the test phase, it was a great job!
Version 1.6.0 can read the files created with previous official versions. This should also be possible in the other direction, although with some restrictions due to the new functionalities. For that reason, we strongly suggest that you always store away your existing designs before working on them with a newer version. By doing so, you keep the option to step back to the previous Wing Helper version if you wish to or if a need arises.
Here is the complete list of changes introduced in 1.6.0:
- HOT: OSX BigSur and Monterey support re-introduced
- Visibility option for single rib combs implemented (right click into the combs table)
- Visibility option for single spars implemented (right click into the spar table)
- "90 Degree" button now also working for the half-rib cutters
- Option "real width" implemented for combs
- The spar table can not also be undocked ("teared off")
- Moving of spars up/down within the spar table implemented (right click into the spar table)
- Zoom improved in the "Single Rib View" on OSX
- Fix for NGC export: root/tip burn-off swaped for the right wing half
- Update of all libraries: Qt6.2.2 (Windows: 5.15.2), Boost, Protobuffer
- Help note added about how to enter the license key
- Crash fixed in NGC export
- NGC export with "hidden" sheeting fixed
- Layout improvement for aileron cutters (LE and TE buttons were placed badly)
- Sheeting option "Standard" is marked obsolete. You can still use it, and you will get a warning when opening a file using that option, but you might expect issues with non-trapezoid wings. Please use "Advanced" sheeting instead
This version can be freely downloaded from our home page. If you already have a valid Wing Helper license, this license is also valid for 1.6.0. If you don't own a Wing Helper license yet, and if you are installing the Wing Helper for the first time, you will get the full functionality for one week after the installation. After the test period has expired, DXF, PDF, ICE, NC/NGC, and SCAD export will be de-activated until you purchase a license. The rest of the functionality will remain unaffected.
We wish you many pleasant hours with Wing Helper and are looking forward to hearing your feedback!
Wing Helper e.U.