We are happy to announce that Wing Helper 1.5.0 is now officially released and is available for download! Many thanks to all who participated in the test phase, it was a great job!
Version 1.5.0 can read the files created with previous official versions. Due to a change in the file format, the older versions of Wing Helper will not be able to read files saved with 1.5.0 (or newer)! For that reason, we strongly suggest that you always store away your existing designs before working on them with a newer version. By doing so, you keep the option to step back to the previous Wing Helper version if you wish to or if a need arises.
1.5.0 introduces a great variety of exciting new features. In order to enable this, we had to re-work many program internals, changing quite a few of existing methods and algorithms. Please make sure to double-check your existing designs after moving to Wing Helper 1.5.0 - it could be, that some settings will need a bit of fine-tuning.
Last but not least, here is the list of the most important additions and changes implemented in 1.5.0:
- HOT: Definition of "Shipway" implemented
- HOT: NC export (G-Code for 4-axis CNC foam cutters) - GFK and CFK wings, we are coming!
- HOT: Automatic generation of ailerons extended (new spar type "K-Form")
- HOT: Creation of half-ribs
- HOT: "Use as LE" for round and cuboid spars implemented (automatic cut into the rib)
- Round spar: option "Separate radius (end)" added
- A new type of trailing edge: "Standard (Height)"
- Trailing edge "Standard (Depth)": different depths at the beginning and at the end implemented
- Cuboid spars: separate width and height at the end of the spar implemented
- Option for parallel projection added
- Option added to invert the mouse wheel
- Rib table now also showing the rib lengths
- Improved editability in tables (ribs, spars, combs, sheetings)
- Tooltips can now be turned off
- "Don't apply lightening holes to a rib" implemented (right-click into the rib table)
- Round and Cuboid spars: "Follow LE" changed to "Follow curvature", allowing you to also define spars which follow the trailing edge
- "Needle gap" parameter added also for aileron cutters and webbings
- Improvement for the SCAD export of aileron cutters of the type "Simple"
- The problem with the slow start under Windows 10 fixed
- The problem with black screens on some computers fixed
- OSX: toolbar can now be freely positioned
- Fix for floating point precision issues under Windows
- Compilation platform under Linux is now Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
- Compilation platform under Windows is now Windows 10
- Upgrade to the most recent QT version (5.11.2)
- Countless further improvements, optimizations and bug fixes!
- Sheeting option "Standard" is marked obsolete. You can still use it, and you will get a warning when opening a file using that option, but you might expect issues with non-trapezoid wings. Please use "Advanced" sheeting instead
- Version 1.5.0 introduces a huge amount of changes and improvements, some of them profoundly affecting the existing functionality. Please double-check your designs made with older versions for eventual issues or deviations
This version can be freely downloaded from our home page. If you already have a valid Wing Helper license, this license is also valid for 1.5.0. If you don't own a Wing Helper license yet, and if you are installing the Wing Helper for the first time, you will get the full functionality for one week after the installation. After the test period has expired, DXF, PDF, ICE, NC/NGC, and SCAD export will be de-activated until you purchase a license. The rest of the functionality will remain unaffected.
We wish you many pleasant hours with Wing Helper!
Wing Helper e.U.