Version 1.5.0 Beta 1 can read the files created with previous official versions. Due to a change in the file format, the older versions of Wing Helper will not be able to read files saved with 1.5.0 Beta 1 (or newer)! For that reason, we strongly suggest that you always store away your existing designs before working on them with a newer version. By doing so, you keep the option to step back to the previous Wing Helper version if you wish to or if a need arises.
1.5.0 introduces a great variety of exciting new features. In order to enable this, we had to re-work many program internals, changing quite a few of existing methods and algorithms. For that reason, please make sure to double-check your existing designs after moving to Wing Helper 1.5.0 Beta 1 (or newer) - it could be, that some settings will need a bit of fine-tuning.
Last but not least, here the list of the most important additions and changes implemented in this version:
- HOT: NC export (G-Code for 4-axis CNC foam cutters) - GFK and CFK wings, we are coming!
- HOT: Automatic generation of ailerons extended (new spar type "K-Form")
- HOT: Creation of half-ribs
- HOT: "Use as LE" for round and cuboid spars implemented (automatic cut into the rib)
- Round spar: option "Separate radius (end)" added
- New type of trailing edge: "Standard (Height)"
- Trailing edge "Standard (Depth)": different depths at the beginning and at the end implemented
- Cuboid spars: separate width and height at the end of the spar implemented
- Option for parallel projection added
- Option added to invert the mouse wheel
- Rib table now also showing the rib lengths
- "Don't apply lightening holes to a rib" implemented (right-click into the rib table)
- Round and Cuboid spars: "Follow LE" changed to "Follow curvature", allowing you to also define spars which follow the trailing edge
- "Needle gap" parameter added also for aileron cutters and webbings
- Improvement for the SCAD export of aileron cutters of the type "Simple"
- The problem with the slow start under Windows 10 fixed
- The problem with black screens on some computers fixed
- OSX: tool bar can now be freely positioned
- Compilation platform under Linux is now Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
- Compilation platform under Windows is now Windows 10
- Upgrade to the most recent QT version (5.11.2)
- Countless further improvements, optimizations and bug fixes!
In parallel to the beta test phase, we will be working on preparing the documentation for the 1.5.0 functionality. This beta version is valid until January 15th 2019. At latest at that date, it will be replaced by either a new beta version, or by the official version 1.5.0, depending on the findings.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Wing Helper e.U.