We are happy to announce the third public beta version of the upcoming Wing Helper 1.3.0! Our Alpha Team already did a great job in making sure that this version is working correctly. In this beta test phase, we are looking forward to finding - with your help - and fixing the last remaining bugs and issues. Please note, that beta versions 4-6 were internal versions, which were not released.
Please make sure to read the announcement of 1.3.0 Beta 3 first.
The changes introduced with 1.3.0 Beta 7 are:
- Zoom function in 2D views improved (keeps the view at the mouse pointer location)
- Placement of spars in DXF / PDF output correctly respecting twist
- "Place spar to max. thickness" now also working when the spar is defined from the trailing edge
- File name also suggested as DXF and PDF output file name
- Twist fixed for non-trapezoid wings (center of rotation is now on the line connecting the tips of the root and tip rib)
- New panel parameter: "Make TE straight"
- Automatic file extension for PDF files fixed
- Round und cuboid spars: added parameter "Follow leading edge"
- Rib ends were sometimes warped when the sheeting extended until the end of the rib (cosmetic improvement)
This beta version is valid until 2017/02/28. At latest at that date, it will be replaced by either a new beta version, or by the official version 1.3.0, depending on the findings.